Saturday, December 15, 2007

I feel special

I can't believe it! I have been meme'd! Its my first time (blushing). It was Tash over at Awful but Functioning. I recently discovered her blog, and I really like it, so go on over and check her out. It being my first time and all, you will forgive me if I stumble a bit over this, yes?

1. I'm Ms. G, from Broken Heart Diaries. I am not even going to bother linking to my about me page, because I have hardly a thing on it.

2. I don't think I am ready to be listed as a *family* blogger. I consider us a family, even though my son is dead, but I don't think I blog much about family topics at this time.

3. I have been blogging since May of this year. I decided to do it because I realized I was going to literally lose my head being pregnant again, and your family can only take so much. I had already been reading some loss blogs, and just like attending support group, they were helping me to feel not so alone and crazy. I do wish I had started earlier maybe right after losing M, but honestly, I don't know that I would have had much to write. I think 2 years later, I am still trying to articulate my grief.

4.Okay, tagging others. Mmmmm....this might be tough, as I believe most of the blogs I read have already been tagged. So, if I re-tag you, just ignore me. I'm going to tag Monica over at Pregnancy after Stillbirth because she was pregnant after the loss of her sweet Jimmy, now she is mommy to an adorable little brother, and I look to her for inspiration on parenting both the living and the dead. Oh, and she is funny!

Next up is Beruriah over at Anno di Consolation. Hard to know what to say except I like her, like reading her, think it is super cute that her hubby has both posted and commented, and she literally just had her baby son, after loss of her first sweet pea Natan, so I am also going to be looking at her for inspiration on parenting both the living and the dead. Oh, and seeing as she just gave birth, I guess it is totally forgivable if she ignores this or takes up to 18 years to do it.

And finally, Julia over at I Won't Fear Love. I love her! She really inspires me to be more assertive and strong. I love to hear about her living child, Monkey. I love to hear about the old country. She is very honest in her posts and comments, and I love that too. In her case, she already had a living child when she experienced the loss of her sweet A, so that perspective is slightly different and interesting to hear. She recently had a run in with a very unprofessional doctor's office, and I just want to run over and scream at them for her.

Thank you Tash for memeing me. I love all the blogs I read, I could never measure up to their writing or wit. This club of loss sucks, but, I guess if you have to be here, you might as well *meet* some great people/writers along the way.

********************************
BlogHer Me and Mine Meme 100 directions: 1.) State the name of your blog, your real name or your online name, and link to your "about me" page. 2.) Say you want to be profiled on BlogHer as a family blogger and link back to this Me and Mine 100 original post, here 3.) Tell how long you've been blogging. 4.) Pass this meme on to three other bloggers that you think should be profiled/interviewed, and ask them to do the meme. (Kindly link to the bloggers you select.)

2 comments:

Monica H said...

Great job considering it was your "first time and all" :)

Julia said...

Oh, thank you... :)
I will get to this, I promise. Soon, I hope.