Friday, June 17, 2011

Makes me wonder

I was standing outside the mens bathroom. Mr. g and A were inside the bathroom. I stood next to the empty stroller. A woman walks by, laughs and says, "You lost your baby!!!" Ha, Ha she cackles as she walks away from me.

I startle a bit, and it takes me a moment to get it. I know she doesn't know she has done anything wrong, but suddenly, I want to run after her, grab her by the collar and shake her. I shake my head instead, confused about the behavior. I can't figure out why that is funny. She was probably in her forties, not some goofy teenage girl with friends.

Makes me wonder if I say things so lightly that shakes someone else to the core.

3 comments:

leslie(cullensblessings) said...

Sometimes I think people just need to stop for a moment and think about what might fall out of their mouths. I think that in the last nine months I have definitely become more aware of this as my sensitivity levels are definitely heightened.
Sorry that you caught the brunt of her comment... the fact that she was laughing so hard makes me cringe...

loribeth said...

Sounds slightly psycho to me. :p

Monica H said...

I don't want to shake her, I want to kick her ass for you. I'm sorry for that, really I am.